Long Term Opportunities
Longer term in Asia
Some people are strongly convinced that a long term commitment of several years is what God is asking of them. They have had the opportunity to test God’s calling, and are convinced of His leading to an incarnational life among Asian people. This commitment would include a significant amount of time to becoming fluent in the language of the target group.
OMF is committed to the long-haul and the core of all our ministries is people, called by God to invest their lives incarnationally in unreached communities. OMFers are respected across Asia as people who speak the local language well and are comfortable in their new culture. This takes work, but it bears fruit. The incarnation is still the central strategy of missions.
Please see the “Overview of the Application Process” below to see how this works.
We have an excellent on-line website (www.heart4asia.net) where you can enter your personal data in a secure database and explore posted ministry opportunities. Feel free to check it out with no obligation.
OMF's primary goal is Evangelism and Church Planting. In support of this goal we also are involved in Education and Theological training, Social and Development, Medical, IT and Support and Administration and Media.
OMF’s application process is designed to facilitate getting you to Asia and assuring you of a meaningful ministry role with ongoing accountability for your work. We wish to act in your best interests – however, we also need to balance these with the needs and desires of the Asian church as well as submit to the wisdom of OMF field leadership.
We strive to find you a place of service which is compatible with your interests, personality, background, and sense of calling. This is done by interacting with field leadership who are the ones who extend an invitation for you to come and join them in their ministry. We work on the principle that it is the field that extends an invitation for new people to come and work with them on their team, so together we will need to interact with them regarding your future placement.
Here is a general overview of the process:
- Visit Heart4Asia web-site, register, fill in your details, and when you are ready, release your profile. (If you do not release your profile, we won't know about you.)
- Later, complete the Application 2 form which the Candidate Department will make available to you. This form will vary depending on how long you are going for.
- Have three references completed and sent into our national office.
- Get a medical checkup from your doctor.
- Obtain cross-cultural orientation and training. For Serve Asia OMF will provide most of this training. For longer term service we will help you plan your training for missions.
- Receive acceptance by OMF.
- Raise prayer and financial support.
- Leave for Asia
Interested? Have Questions
Please contact Director of Mobilization at the OMF Office
Media & BooksGreat resources available from OMF.
View and Purchase