No matter where we are on the journey of involvement, we all need to learn more of God’s heart and purposes for the world. God desires to teach us His ways; He wants us to learn more about Him for the purpose of knowing and loving Him more deeply. More than with any other of the six ways to reach out, learning includes using books, web sites, videos and other missions’ resources. Most important, learning involves the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit.
Become a vital life-long learner. Grow your knowledge and vision for the world and apply it broadly to reach the world for Christ.
Some Ways To Learn
• Read a missionary biography or one of the OMF books. Click here for a full listing of our books.
• Use world news reports as fuel for prayer.
• Check out library books about countries of interest to you.
• Explore various countries, using the Internet.
• Use missions resources such as the “China Resource Pack” (available from OMF).
• Pray following the Operation World book by Patrick Johnstone.
• Enroll in the “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement” course www.perspectivescanada.org
• Spend time on the following great websites:
• www.omf.ca - OMF International Canada
• www.joshuaproject.net - information on unreached people groups
• www.pioneers.org/Connect/Caleb.aspx - mission materials from Caleb Resources
Hugh, a professional living in Ontario writes: Wanting to learn more from God, I took the “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement” course, not knowing what to expect. I was a bit confused as to what to do with missions or where to go—I simply sensed that I had a heart for missions. Perspectives gave me so much more insight and clarification of my role is as a world Christian. I have found peace and joy—and a different “perspective.” Now I realize missions is even more important than I already thought; I also thank God that He used the course to give me peace with what I am doing now.
—Hugh, a professional living in Ontario
Media & BooksGreat resources available from OMF.
View and Purchase